++ Suntikan Semangat! ++

Friday, March 4, 2016

Dan Humphrey (Gossip Girl)



Salam. Hi. :)

So I just finished watching a TV show “Gossip Girl” the other day and all those six seasons have been stuck inside my head for days. Honestly, I love the whole casts. They portrayed all the characters incredibly great – Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively), Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester), Dan Humphrey (Penn Badgley), Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford) and Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick).

And I can proudly say that my most favourite character is Dan Humphrey. Frankly, I didn’t read the original book series and I just watched the show on TV (read: laptop) so forgive me if what I’m about to say is totally different from what’s inside the books.

I know most GG fans (sorry if it’s not true) don’t find Dan the most charming guy ever – compared to Chuck and Nate – but I’ve learned not to be influenced or manipulated by other people’s reviews until I watch or do it myself  >.<


1. Season 1 Dan Humphrey

I mean, let’s face it, every girl needs season 1 Dan Humphrey in their lives. A sweet, innocent boy from Brooklyn who’s also the smartest kid in high school but has never been noticed by anyone other than his proud dad and little sister. He always sees the best in people, is a protective big bro and supportive son, cute, funny and sometimes awkward, and can be the best shoulder to cry on.




2. An outsider

Dan has always been considered as an “outsider” (His nickname is “Lonely Boy”). He doesn’t fit in Upper East Side of Manhattan, New York. No matter how hard he tries to blend in and to enter a whole different world than his, he could never be one of them. Even after he dates the popular, hot “it” girl, their worlds prove to be far too different. And when he jumps out of his comfort zone and becomes “someone else”, people around him keep saying “you were supposed to be different”. Because clearly, he is different.

I’m not saying that my life is the same as his, because it’s clearly not. I mean, we clearly live in different countries and have different lifestyles. But I’ve always been the “outsider”. I’ve always tried to blend in since my primary school days, heck I don’t even remember what those days were like. I barely remember the memories from my primary school that I always think I never really had one. Nobody knew and noticed me. I never really figured this part of my life until I went to the university and I realised that I don’t belong among people. I just don’t fit.

The difference is, Dan wants in and he strives for it with everything he has in him. And I understand the feeling of wanting to be a part of something that’s just not us better than anyone else.





3. A writer

Oh yes, Daniel Humphrey is a writer of “Inside” and “Inside Out” – inspired by the people that he knows from Upper East Side of Manhattan. However, his ‘bluntness’ in writing things makes people call it as “trashing his friends and driving them away” and in the end, he is left alone with no friends.

Thanks to Dan, for proving to the world that people don’t mess with a writer. ;)

At some point, GG fans find his huge character development annoying. Even I have to admit that it’s true. But don’t writers use everything around them as writing materials? One page from a whole book could really destroy someone’s life. But that’s the thing about fiction – sometimes a combination of naked truth and plain imagination. Writing from experiences makes it honest and sincere, but the addition of fiction makes it a “book”.

And he finally owns his place among them. He earns it.






4. Gossip Girl? xoxo

I know most fans don’t agree with the writers to make Dan the ‘mighty’ Gossip Girl who’s hiding behind a blog and words. I honestly didn’t expect him as Gossip Girl at all, but after watching the season finale, I approved.

I mean, Dan being the Gossip Girl is way better and acceptable than Cece being “A” (Pretty Little Liars). True, there are some scenes that might suggest Dan is not Gossip Girl, but watching the whole series from the start until the finale, one can never doubt that Gossip Girl plays the most important part in moving the characters and stories. So, if anyone is qualified enough to be Gossip Girl, it’s Dan Humphrey.

(Sorry if others think otherwise).



I have no idea why I’m posting this on my blog, maybe I’m just trying to find motivation to keep moving forward and if I ever decide to go “far”, Dan Humphrey will definitely be my inspiration.




“You’re nobody until you’re talked about.”

You know you love me.
Xoxo, Ayumi Syafiqah.

~end

1 comment:

Farrah Izzlorna said...

Hi. Sorry menyemak kat sini. Saya nak tanya awak berkaitan novel sikit boleh but in private. Kalau awak sudi, boleh emel saya efrananovel95@yahoo.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...